Tuesday 19 February 2013

Taste


Hanna's mood board. 

Hanna's loves bold colour statements, with a dramatic print on top. I would describe Hanna's taste as fun, feminine and experimental. The shapes are structural  and sometimes has a hint of geometry. 


My mood boards. 

My mood boards reflects, structure, texture and an attentional to detailing within garment construction. The colours are fairly muted, but with a hint of colour every now and again. 


I have been influenced by my Scandinavian background, therefor my love for something clean, structural and architectural. 

My Dad loves architecture and is an IT supporter for an architect company, so every time we went out traveling my Dad always made sure that we went and saw some interesting architecture - it has always been on the agenda. 

I grew up on the country side so I appreciate nature although it very rarely comes through as my inspiration source. But if it does, its because of the materials.  As a true Scandinavian the colours in the house were often muted or white, and there has always been a lot of light coloured wood. There's appreciation for light and cleanliness as the windows are big, in contrast with my British heritage, house always seem compact and cover crowed with furniture, heavy curtains taking away all the natural light - or maybe that's just because my family is a little old fashioned? 

I've always seen my Mum as the creative one out of parents, so I can't thank her for my understanding of colour combination and playfulness with fashion. She was the one that sat my brother and I down to paint and draw, I've never been very good at either things, but I've always enjoyed giving it a go - until now.

No comments:

Post a Comment